For what grades of personnel and types of vessel are the certificates in the last answer required?

MCA Oral Exam Questions

(1) The GOC is required by masters and deck officers on ships trading in Areas A2, A3 and A4, and by professional yachtmasters. 

(2) The ROC is required by Deck Department watchkeeping officers on SOLAS vessels trading exclusively within Sea Area A1. Many pilots, harbour masters, berthing masters, etc. also hold an ROC. (3) The LRC is suitable for "blue water" yachtsmen, fishing vessel officers, and masters and deck officers in commercial vessels of under 300 GT. (4) The SRC (which has replaced the VHF Operator's Certificate) is mandatory for personnel in non-commercial "voluntary-fit" vessels, such as small pleasure craft, which fit GMDSS equipment (i. e. VHF DSC).



SPONSORED: Amber For Sale - Loose Amber, Amber Gemstones on Sale -