What advice to ships' masters is given in Oil Record Books on obtaining receipts from reception facilities?

MCA Oral Exam Questions

Ship's masters should obtain from the operator of the reception facilities, which includes barges and tank trucks, a receipt or certificate detailing the quantity of tank washings, dirty ballast, residues or oily mixtures transferred, together with the time and date of the transfer. This receipt or certificate, if attached to the Oil Record Book (Part 1) or (Part 2), as appropriate, may aid the master of the ship in proving that his ship was not involved in an alleged pollution incident. The receipt or certificate should be kept together with the Oil Record Book (Part 1) or (Part 2).